View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #16
SuperSupra86
3" Exhaust

SuperSupra86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by acousticrawk@Aug 29 2005, 12:24 AM
hoah! to roasting hondas! haha.

p.s. sound has NOTHING to do with power.

now, your telling me by the sound, especially of old muscle, you cant tell anything? have you ever seen a drag strip? your nuts man. i have been racing or watching drags since i was born. i can just about guess the HP or engine size by listening to an engine run. look at the car, look at the tires, look at the cars stance, look at how well he launched....the point im making is the person driving knows what they are doing, and seeing this we an inferr that it was built by someone knowing what they were doing. that is a very well built street car and it ran like a top. also, that wasnt your normal small black, that was in the 396-454 range, so that means even MORE power. oh and yes, i do know what it takes to run nines, my cuda runs an 8.40 avg.
[/quote]
Monkihead....I know you like to point out frauds, but your wasting your time here. This guy just wants to start a war...First off I don't believe that you run an 8.40 avg with your cuda because the power it would have to have to run that would be nearly impossible to grip your tires and avg that if you had said 9.4 or 10.1...something in that range it might have been believable...My 87 turbo and i have never run an offcial 1/4 time (though i'd love to) my most generous guess would be 11.5....at absolute best and mind you i have the money, time, and reasources to work on my car when i want and my dream is to break that 10 second mark...
I would like to agree with Monkihead on the fact that you can't tell a damn thing about a car from its sound, except maybe that the muffler is wrecked....maybe if you look at the car you can get a gauge for how large the engine is.....but not the HP...HP doesn't make noise...i'm sure you can guess at it all day long, but that doesn't mean with any degree of accuracy....
Hell i've spanked the hell out soooo many muscle cars....Wisconsin people love their American Muscle and i get a lot of crap for my "Premium Ricer" the way i handle it is by spanking their cars....Oh yeah and i have been to my fair share of drag races....and the things you listed aren't gonne tell you a whole lot about the car....so i propose that you either start making logical, defendable points or put away your "gun"