View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 02:38 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the #3 gasket can be reused, but I'd start by checking the coolant path running through the throttle body and ISCV. Not too uncommon to leak there and more common than the coolant plugs beneath the #3 cover leaking.

When dealing with coolant that's spilled down there I remove as much as possible (I use a small electric pump with some 1/8" rubber tubing) then try to soak up some more with paper towels... then, I pull the plugs and let it enter the cylinder; There's really very little left at this point and it'll evaporate readily enough. The only concern here is if the area around the spark plugs is full of dirt and grime.... in that case, I'd probably keep adding hot water and pumping it back out for a little bit to get as much crap as is possible back out.

If the plug wires are new the boots should keep small amounts of liquid out, but I prefer to be sure everything's dry so I can tell if the leak has actually been fixed and also to avoid getting all paranoid about something else being wrong if it's still shorting out.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote