View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
MA70-3.0GT
12psi boost

MA70-3.0GT is on a distinguished road

First off welcome and i hope you find the forum as much use as i have. I cant see the pics as im on mobile atm but if you suspect the intake may be leaking post AFM that would cause high idle and iffy power so thats first on your list. Before you buy parts though check the pas idle up valve connection under the intake pipe, its 1/2" approx rubber hose leading from the intake to a round valve on top of the pas pump then from that to the steel vac pipe that runs across the front of the motor under the water pump. If that and the intake pipe checks out and you still hear a vac leak the tsrm has great diagrams of all vac hose routing, maybe someone on a pc could post a link?
Failing all that the idle control valve could be sticking, although that would usually cause more distinct issues. I'm tired and my phones being funny so am gona post quick an if i think of anythin else il get back.

'89 Honda NC27 400, NC23 cams, open pipe, PC36a shock & possibly Showa USD forks...

'83 Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II, number 69 off the line, only runner in the country? Original except Koni shocks

'95 Honda PC26 CB500R, Winter hack, hateful, trying to sell it
I'm not paranoid, they really ARE after me!!!
MA70-3.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote