View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
TripleC
3" Exhaust

TripleC is on a distinguished road

i did some tinkering this weekend to no avail. I did get the rear lights and side markers to light up when i bridged the green red wire from the fogs switch over to the Dimmer Switch. also if i touched the R/G wire with the green white wire the dash lights would turn on and i could dim them with the dimmer switch (Crap i thought the switch was dead!) What now the switched worked but i know that dosnt necessarally mean the switch is good. What do you think?
I am at a loss and i also still cant get the Stop lights back in order as well. I am going to be testing the connections from the wires on the actuall fuse box itself .I pulled the diagrams from the Cygnxus and will start trying to track down the broken wire.
I am still hunting for the dimmer switch as well. yota yard said they had an 87 Supra coming into the shop this weekend but they didnt call me back to let me know if it happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
You've more than one problem unless there's a common dash harness connector.

One sure fire way to diagnose the dimmer is to see if the CC's temp display goes out when the lights are turned on... I can't rememer if the clock goes dark too... might. You can also bypass the dimmer by jumpering the white wire with green stripe and the white wire with black stripe. If it is the dimmer, you'll still find voltage as the dimmer controls the ground side of the equation, not the positive.

Do your dome lights work? Manually turned on and when the door is opened? Have your fog lights been rewired to operate when the headlights are not on? If so their relay is probably getting its signal from the taillight circuit or the gauge lighting circuit. Diagnose the gauge and then test the taillight relay, taillight failure module and fuse (actually, just replace the fuse, it may be bad and you just don't see the fracture).

I'll look up the wiring diagrams later and see if anything else comes to mind... just got home from work and need to chill for a while.
1JZGTE ,R154, Hallman Boost Controller, HKS bov, HKS Mushroom top Air Filter, HKS Front Mount Intercooler, Greedy Turbo Timer, PLX300 AFC, Custom Divorced Y-pipe, Custom Intercooler Pipeing, RS-R Concept Exhaust, Optima Red Top Battery, Strut bar Brembo Rotors, A1 Traction arms, Megan Coilovers, Stern ST 2 wheels rear 265x30 r19 - front 245x35 r19, New Front Lip, 18 x 8 and 18 x 9 MRR HR2 with whatever for Drift treads
2 additional C12A turbo's(Extra)
TripleC is offline   Reply With Quote