View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 03:32 AM   #16
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmk2 View Post
Not being a dick just trying to educate..
Likewise... and learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmk2 View Post
Yes the cranks were from the 6m but now adays and espeacially here in the US a 6m is hard to find considering they werent available here
You're wrong there; It was the only crank used in the earlier 7M. The 7M crank didn't see a 7M until after the '88 production year (a bit after '89 actually). 86.5 through the middle of '89 p/n: 13411-42030. The 7M crank was used from the middle of '89 on p/n: 13411-42040. In '89 the tach's gauge face was changed to reflect the new redline, although some '89's still had the 6M crank and could be safely revved higher if not for the lowered limit in the ECU.

There's a lot of info about this throughout the Supra community as people like to debate which they should run in their build. My '88's got a 6M and I'm certain it's not a JDM swap. My friend's '88 has a 6M, his '90 has a 7M. I know plenty of people with 6Ms, they're all pre89s.

Here's a great comparison: http://www.jblmk3.com/cars/crank_comparisons.php
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 03-07-2010 at 04:27 AM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote