View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 12:08 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughslide View Post
Ridicousily hard to relax but that helped.. the head is getting a glass like resurfaceing at the machine shop now. i called and the final spec should be about 116.1 or 115.8 give or take. so i would love more compression and less layers and not to blow 3 houndred ona head gasket.. is 1.2-1.3 good for me? if not what it..
116.1? So they're adding material to the head?

Higher compression on a turbo is not generally considered a good thing. Get a gasket sized to keep the stock CR or thicker and add more boost... the minor bump in CR isn't going to gain you any noticeable increase in power, but the 5 extra psi of boost you'd otherwise have room for would.

Quote:
the blocks is cast steel or cast iron, unless were in nascar and running aluminum machine shop says chances of it warping are slim
A cast iron block that's seen over 20 years of service??? NO, they warp more than enough to be out of spec and cause major sealing issues... it doesn't take much. Why do I even bother if people aren't going to listen... hell read the damn manual.

Quote:
But i will check it with a real stright edge and a bright light on one side to see if i see any light but what if there is like minascewel/really redicously small peaks of light...? am i fucked and need to pull it?
Do as I said... get a MACHINIST straight edge (it's a precision tool) and use feelers to check the gaps (there WILL be gaps); If it's out of spec, pull it out or if it's not too bad go with a composite HG.

Quote:
now onto lapping i would love to learn wtf it is and were do i get it/borrow it and how to use it.. i really want this to run right, strong and round 10 psi.. give or take. thats it man. and Cre, couldnt be happier that your helping me right now means the world really.
I'll post more info about lapping the tools later, I've got to head out right now.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->