Thread: Just Got A MK3
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #19
Codelicious
Stock

Codelicious is on a distinguished road

Weird.. the guy that I bought it from said that he did a rebuild on the engine but I still don't know why it would be there if it wasn't a turbo..

Anyways I plan on getting everything done tomorrow. Hopefully replacing the BVSV will do the trick. If not I will check all of the vacuum lines with Carb cleaner or whatever you use to check.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that the car ONLY does it every once in a while. When I bought the car we drove it for 2-3 hours home and it drove just fine, I drove it all day the next day and it worked fine. Than the night after it drove with the revving, the next day it was gone. It revved up ALL day yesterday and I started it today and it ran just fine..

I don't see how if there is a problem that it just happens sometimes. You would figure it would effect it everytime.

I don't think that the ISCV is broke, I heard it click 4 times when I shut my engine off so I'm not going to replace it now unless I need to. I think that the FSSS sound was it resetting, but I'm not sure.. if that FSSS is from a vacuum leak than it should be easy to find.. I'll just need a partner to help listen for me while I shut it off or vice versa.
Codelicious is offline   Reply With Quote