Thread: Engine Restore
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 02:02 AM   #14
kaseysmom
Stock

kaseysmom is on a distinguished road

I totally agree with you Cre! When my husband suggested putting something in to "buy" me another 50,000 (he must have been drinking) miles - I have to say it gave me a sick feeling. You know - the feeling you get when you are doing something horribly wrong! Hiding the problem doesn't help a thing! Then I came across a post about knocking and looked at this link from another post.

:http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/p...5-11-14-28.flv

I am happy to report that my engine sounds nothing like that one! I just have almost zero compression and a subtle little engine noise. It will not come out of the shop and go back on the road until I do a total rebuild. I can't imagine anyone driving a car sounding like it is throwing bolts.

Working on getting my brother to take a couple weeks off to come give me a hand with it. I let you know what I find when I get inside - but it will be sometime next month. In the mean time it is fine where it is......parked!!!!

On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.
kaseysmom is offline   Reply With Quote