View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I know what extractors are (Oh, nevermind, I didn't see that it was asked)... I don't know that they'll net you much improvement though... The 2JZ head flows much better than the 7M's so I'd expect a gain higher than the 10HP or so that N/A 7M owners claim, but I don't know if it would be enough to really be worth it. Try searching for results using the term "headers" instead, it will get more hits.

Other mods I would consider would be replacing the exhaust piping with mandrel bent piping with fewer bends if possible; Replacing muffler and resonator with free flowing ones; And swapping in a free flowing cat. Then, I'd move on to upgraded cams; Weight reduction. These are pretty much standard upgrades for N/A, my 2JZ GE knowledge is very limited though, so I can't advise beyond this.

I didn't know that about licensing in AussieLand... It makes sense to me. I wish they'd do qualification based licensing here in the states... you test for certain grade of license and based on your actual ability you get a different license and plates that reflect precisely how fast you're allowed to drive and where. I also think they need to require actualy behind the wheel driving tests every 5 years or so instead of just ONCE.

So where else does the 2JZ-GE generally need help? I'd like to know more too.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 01-26-2010 at 06:54 PM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote