View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #56
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradenman1 View Post
Its the 2nd top bolt from the back. Ill take pictures tonight. The bolts backed out and the nuts were seased to the studs. I guess I should have left that stud alone and replaced the other 6.
I find that the ones in the back are hell to helicoil with the head in... I've done it and I hate it. Some people don't have as much trouble. A 90? drill adapter may make the job easier, otherwise, pull the charcoal canister out and I hope you don't have ABS. Just take it nice and slow. Make sure all of the sizes are right too and use a stop on the drill bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradenman1 View Post
When I'm re torquing the head bolts is there a coolant drane plug I need to pull out on the block to drane the water jackets? And also I only had trouble getting to one stud but if I have to turn the cams how do I do it
Nah, draining won't accomplish anything really. If there's coolant between the HG and the mating surfaces it's not going to drain out.

Pull the EFI fuse (which you should have already done, remove the fan, put a breaker bar with socket on the bolt for the harmonic balancer (the main pulley) and turn.... I'm assuming you haven't pulled the timing belt.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote