View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSupera View Post
...Here's my questions. Is the MKIII turbo faster than the MKIV n/a? Specs seems to say it is, but when I drove it, I really couldn't tell....
Yep...especially a 'bpu' MKIII turbo.
Quote:
...Can I run 87 octane on the n/a MKIV?...
Honestly I wouldn't. One of the reasons it's so hard to get an n/a Mkiv to perform anywhere close to a TT is due the the higher compression ratio pistons in the 2jz-ge.
Quote:
...Thanks in advance for your comments or anyone else who would like to chime in. BTW I really like the look of the MKIV, that's why I'm thinking about getting one, but do I want to get rid of my MKIII that only has about 83,000 miles?
Keep the MKIII for your daily driver and get the MKIV TT to modify - or mod the MKIII and daily-drive the MKIV. Either way you've got a winning combo! (Can you tell I'm a Supra nut? )

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote