View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
TurboSupera
3" Exhaust

TurboSupera is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. I actually do have a couple more questions if that's o.k. As stated I have an MKIII and the only thing I really did was put a 3" exhaust on it and rims from a n/a MKIV.....really wanted the turbo rims, but I couldnt' pass up that deal. Anyway, I recently test drove a n/a MKIV and really didn't like the visibility and the low seating, but it's something I can overlook. I did however like the handling.....felt a bit more stiff than my MKIII, but not too overbearing. I know there's a huge difference in the MKIV turbo and am waiting for something local to test drive and possibly buy......but like you said, many seem to be modified....and I would venture to say....half-a$$. I just want to drive something stock, but that seems hard to come by. Here's my questions. Is the MKIII turbo faster than the MKIV n/a? Specs seems to say it is, but when I drove it, I really couldn't tell. Can I run 87 octane on the n/a MKIV? Thanks in advance for your comments or anyone else who would like to chime in. BTW I really like the look of the MKIV, that's why I'm thinking about getting one, but do I want to get rid of my MKIII that only has about 83,000 miles?
TurboSupera is offline   Reply With Quote