Thread: 7mge question
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I recommend replacing the timing belt when you do the job. I'd also replace all of the coolant hoses that run along the firewall and behind the head...better to do when the head is off. The gears go on only one way really. What you need to do is line them up as specified in the manual during the reassembly.

Are you new to this kind of work altogether? Don't be afraid to ask question, pay close attention to the manual. The head bolt torque as you know is wrong (torque head bolts to 72ft lbs). Follow the torque specs everywhere else very closely!

Ask lots of questions.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote