Thread: Bubbling Noise
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 01:07 PM   #14
ddmcse
500whp yet?

ddmcse is on a distinguished road

if the heater is not being used , coolant is not being circulated through the heater core . there is a valve on the firewall that controls the flow(closes the loop).
you will find that when your temp starts to rise turning the heater on to 85 will cool the temp down , it's amazing that just this will lower the temp 10-15 degrees .
now since the heater loop is closed where is all that hot pressurized water going to go now ? kaplooey out the weakest point it can find .

there is a hose that connects from the very back of the head to the heater valve , this hose might look ok from the front but you might find cracks on the backside right next to the firewall . if it needs to be replaced the best bet is to get the replacement part from toyota because it has 2 formed right angles . this hose will go and then there is a very small hose right behind the water housing , a bit of a MF to get at , again a formed right angle (maybe it's a left angle for those down under (hehe)). i don't know if the n/a has the one blocked off / capped off coolant exit on the exhaust side of the block or not but it's a candidate for blowing.

here is some " been there done that" for you :

Posted on Aug 20 2005, 06:16 AM
QUOTE (suprra_girl @ Aug 20 2005, 04:19 AM)
TOP UP WATER!!!

LOL

isn't your bhg light on telling you ur low on water?

ddmcse Posted on Aug 20 2005, 06:16 AM
i think she means your reserve water bottle light aka BHG light .
this warning light must have gone off by now . on the left side . indicates low water level in the reserve water bottle up front .

all i keep hearing in my head is ozzy osborne's "denial" you're in denial , you'll never believe it's you .

might wanna stop phuqn around and fix it , before you really cook the head
My Supra KiXGaS
ddmcse is offline   Reply With Quote