View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #26
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbikeguy View Post
ok so just an update. i almost have the head off and am ready to have everything take to the machine shop. but me and my girl had a sudden realization. our engine has 240,xxx on it, its non turbo, and were pushing this build to close to the amount of a rebuilt 7m-gte......... so why not get one?
That's what I was getting at... you're gunna spend soo much money fixing the 240k 7mge, and you still wanna swap... you might as well do the 7mgte when you do the swap... might have sound mixed or confusing since I think when I was trying to point out the 7mgte would be a quicker swap with less of a price tag, you were still thinking about 2jz swaps.. 240k miles, I'd definaly consider tossing that engine and putting in a JDM 7mgte w/ ~40k miles.. or you can send your 7mge to the shop, pay them what you'd pay to have a 7mgte dropped in (not including cost of the engine, tranny, tranny swap or combo thereof). Dunno about you, but I'd have much more peace of mind knowing I put something reliable in my car rather than something old and restored to hold together... knowing I got more power out of it would just be an added bonus.
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote