View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #48
MA70-3.0GT
12psi boost

MA70-3.0GT is on a distinguished road

Oh boy, I can't believe some people still fall for the same old scams. I guess it just comes down to what one guy said earlier on, about being young, having the cash burning a hole & wanting a Supra more than anything.

You can ALWAYS tell these scams though, simply by the godawful grasp of the English language that the "seller" has i.e. "payment will be done also in here" or "We can talk upon the time about the price but i think i choose the right one" or even "The car is registered in United States and it has clear title.You will get from me the keys the title and all documents to register the car in US," (These examples all being from one single scam!)

That last one cracks me up, it's registered in the United States & you will get the documents to register it in the U.S. Where's the U.S. when it's at home, U.(nder the) S.(ea)?

It's a shame that the companies used to facilitate these arsehole's scams don't do more to protect people & it begs the question (especially with the obvious damage scams do to their reputation) if they, or more specifically whoever actually owns/runs these companies, are getting something out of it themselves.

For example could Square-whateverit'scalled or others be run in the U.S. but be owned/managed from an office in say, Nigeria, where the main man not only collects his legitimate salary from the legit. side of his business (and keeps the authorities happy/their backs turned, over there by donating large percentages of this "clean" money to worthy causes etc.) whilst also collecting a share of the odd 5k/3k/1.5k cheques/drafts that his friends "Jason" and "Dave" et-al procure from the poor, trusting individuals who just wanted a bargain supercar?

Conspiracy theory I know, but the amount of "effort" these companies devote to stopping/catching scammers compared to what their policies say really does make me think. Maybe it should make you think too?

'89 Honda NC27 400, NC23 cams, open pipe, PC36a shock & possibly Showa USD forks...

'83 Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II, number 69 off the line, only runner in the country? Original except Koni shocks

'95 Honda PC26 CB500R, Winter hack, hateful, trying to sell it
I'm not paranoid, they really ARE after me!!!

Last edited by MA70-3.0GT; 11-19-2009 at 04:34 PM.
MA70-3.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote