View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 04:27 AM   #1
casanovacuts
Stock

casanovacuts is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Noob ? and yes i searched already...

i know most of you get annoyed with noob questions. im interested in buying a mkiv supra and need to know a few things before i do so. first of all ive heard speculation that buying a 5 spd and turboing it is possibly better because of the gear range. i know thats more of a driver preference but although the engines are identical are there issues turboing a 5 spd as opposed to the 6 spd? also with the 5 spd models is there issues with room and fabrication for proper fitment of the turbo(es) ? is it easier/cheaper to convert a turboed automatic into a six speed than to turbo the 5 spd ? and how far does the motor go on stock internals before you have to crack it open and start playing ? i did do research in these forums as well as some others and theres no direct questions like this and if there are any they are for previous generations of the supra. so i just wanted to make sure of the answers to these before i decide which type of mkiv i would like to purchase. im also currently looking at a 1997 mkiv supra that is an N/A 5 spd with about 115k mi and is selling for $13k. in your opinion is that a good deal as opposed to looking for the six speed and spending what seems to be double the amount. i appreciate any and all help and answers and im continuing my research online so i might be able to find the answers myself but ive been looking for about 4 days now and nothing is really specific in answering these kinds of questions unless its just a breakdown of what equipment came with what specific model. i know plenty of you are going to bag on me and nail me to the wall but those who help i will greatly appreciate it.
casanovacuts is offline   Reply With Quote