View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 04:37 AM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You can strip it down to a bare longblock, but you'll still need to keep the 2 knock sensors from the GTE and wire them together, cap the turbo oil and drain ports, remove the GTE oil filter mount and you really should swap the Intake cam... past that swap on all of the GE's piping (vacuum, intake and coolant) and the wiring harness... didn't I just say all of that?

There's not really much you can do to cheat your way out of some labor... you could skip swapping the intake and cam over, but it'll cost you a very good amount of power. The 7M-GE powered Cressida has an intake almost identical to the GTE's and it makes a good amount less power than the Supra's 7M-GE with the ACIS system.... I'm thinking the difference is 10 to 20 HP, but the the power curves are also much weaker. Anyway, as I said, it may sound like a lot, but if you know your way around cars well enough it's nothing big.

Heh, as I said the pistons are different and the GTE has oil squirters which spray the pistons with oil for cooling... can't really even say the bottom end is identical... granted, none of this matters although the compression difference might be noticeable (especially if you don't swap over the intake system and cam).
cre is offline   Reply With Quote