View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road

Update:

Still broke, and dead in my parking lot...

Distributor and cap were both stationary and clean... rotor was good, even tested for spark w/ screwdriver and it's gettin it.. The car, however, seems to be degrading...

Before I'd be able to at least get her to idle just above stalling out all on her own.. she'd run at a couple hundred RPMs and die out in about 8-10 seconds... if I tried starting her again after that, I'd have problems keeping her running...

Now I can't get her to start her idle even tho she comes soo close. She still sounds strong when turning the engine over, but there's just no umpf there... going FoT makes absolutely NO difference at all now what so ever..

Sooo... I'm actually leaning towards fuel system? The pump kinda reminds me of what a dead battery does where if you leave your camera off for a couple hours, you can come back and snap one or two more pictures.. Also, I've swapped out the TPS, with no luck... so I'm thinking the pump is pushing whatever fuel it can, but it's still not enough to open my injectors...

Does this sound probable? Anything I should check before filter and pump? I checked the fuse and that seems good... which makes sense cause the pump does try to work... it just fizzles out (or so I think)
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote