View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
scaggsj
3" Exhaust

scaggsj is on a distinguished road
Default HeadGasket Questions

Hello I have a 87 7mge, Ive torn id down to the head and timing. The exhaust is off the upper and lower intakes are off. Took out #1 spark plug to put at top dead center. Now as far as the timing side whats next. I need someone to turn as I feel for compression right? then I have to mark the cam sprokets some how? Then loosen timing belt, and remove from head? I can see that if its not just right I wont be able to get to the head bolts since Im taking to a machine shop the cams are going to have to come out anyways right? Ive done three headjobs but they werent overhead cams. This is alot harder than I thought it was going to be. So far nothings looks bad or broke. Thats a good sign allthough there is some thick gooey oil coming out of one of the exhaust Ports on the head and the hose coming off the valve cover that goes in right by the filler cap and then looks to run somewhere down to ps pump? is filled with this whiteish greyish grease looking stuff. Those two things kinda worry me. Id like to get the head to the shop monday but down want to screw up the timing belt stuff because the easier that part goes back together the better cause I know hardly anything about timing a car. Help!!!
scaggsj is offline   Reply With Quote