View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
s13_2jz
Stock

s13_2jz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
0) I'd advise you to sell your s13 and get an mkiv tt 6spd. Sorry, but I'm a supra biggot.

1) Look for one that has good maintenance records, and get someone very familiar with the Mkiv TT to take it for a test drive before you buy it. With patience, and cash-in-hand, I'm confident that you'll find one.

2) You don't need racing pieces - oem pieces will take you to 800rwhp (1000hp at the crank), other than the injectors and the turbos. A motec ecu will be fine.

3) The v160 will handle over 1500rwhp (almost 2000hp at the crank). I believe the v161 has similar specs. The v160 is about $6K USD.

Lastly, there are no significant differences between the '93.5 through '98 model years of 2jzgte engines. After '98, Toyota added VVTi to the 2jz-gte.

Please feel free to ask additional or follow-up questions.
I'll hold still my s13 ... in this case, I'll buy also a supra...

1) a car as You tell costs a lot of money here in Europe.. also because the I'll want to spend other money for development.. so, in every case, i want changed internal components

2) yes, i know also this, but i have thinked that a "new racing" 2jzgte is very reliable when I'll go on usually 700hp with gt4202r on 20/22 psi (and rarely to 800hp).. for me it's important that the engine is reliable (otherwise, i put a big turbocharger on sr20det to have about the same power o a little less, but with a weight inferior of 250/300 lbs)

3) I prefer the v161 gearbox only because I've calculated the final spped on every gear, on about tot rpm the engine will go, on tyres the car will go and for what I must do with the car. But If the v160 is more reliable of v161, i'll go with v160... however they should be equl for reliability, I hope (if some one know the difference between these 2 gearbox, please, tell me)

the VVTi 2jzgte I've read in internet (so, never of sure) that is inferior to the other 2jzgte, but I don't remember if it was reported at the reliability, or at the final power in development or at the behavior.

You have written: "The v160 is about $6K USD" .. Where? And what it means? new gearbox or probably new internal components of gearbox? (for me it's important only that it bears high power)

Thanks for all

bye
s13_2jz is offline   Reply With Quote