View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 06:34 AM   #5
winchesterwx
Stock

winchesterwx is on a distinguished road

I live in Japan and I paid 5K for my 94 Supra (i did overpay but it was kick ass) with a ton of mods and very, very nice. It only had 65 kil on it with BK and 20" rims. It is going to cost me 2-3K to ship it back to the US. A Supra is actually a junk car here and are a dime-a-dozen. I see 10 a day on the military base. All the sites that are trying to sell you these cars are in it for nothing but the money. They are buying cars that were junked here (owner did not want to pay 700 reg for the 2 years and road tax) and shipping them back (have to know how to do it, I do not). All in all, they might have 4K with shipping and everything else. You pay them 20K thinking it's a great deal but think again. If you really want a Supra from Japan and have 25K to spend, buy a 900.00 plane ticket and fly to Japan. Spend a week, buy a super nice Supra and ship it back yourself and save over 15K.

I was told all I need to change on my car to reg it was the windshield and maybe the doors. This is what Texas said but I have no idea if it is true. Either way I will bring mine back. I may have to list is as a track car to get it to my house and go from there.
winchesterwx is offline   Reply With Quote