View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

I've been thinking about this for a bit (after my earlier reply). I took a good hard look at my Supra. Its in decent shape.. the interior is almost excellent (20 years of wear.. it has held up very well), the body is great except for the drivers side rear wheel well (which is rotting), and the driver train is Toyota (which basically means.. if it aint dead it runs).

I get comments on the car everywhere, everybody with a car over 200 hp seems to want to race it (so far only been beat by a STI), and it just feels good to drive.

Then.. I look at a new car. They are far more comfortable, probably more reliable, better fuel economy, similar power (stock), but... 20,000.00 + for a good one.

If I took 20k and put it in my MKIII, it would be about 450 HP (and that is as much as you need for a road.. lol... ) the body would be very close to perfect and would still have the distinction of being a MKIII.

So.. finally.. I bought the Supra because I wanted a Supra. With all its beauty and problems etc... I am still very happy I bought it. So.. bottom line.. I am happy I own one. Thats about as much as you can ask for I think... are you happy with what you drive?

Also.. I know Mustang owners.. and they have to work on their cars constantly (no idea why). Mine is stock, can beat most of them as is (if thats important) and I do NOT have to tweak it unless I want to.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote