View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by citationls View Post
I'm turning 16 soon and looking for a car that I can drift a little with. Looking for one with good hp that can spin the tires pretty easily. I've heard supras are kinda tough to drift since they are heavy but does that mean as a beginner I won't be able to drift in control? I ride other things with motors like dirt bikes and snowmobiles so I have some experience with things with engines. I'm also looking at a firebird. They seem to have good hp and I really like the sound of them. I'd probably get a trans am maybe a GTA. Does anyone know how these do for mpg vs turbo supras? Also, does anyone know which would be faster stock? A v8 firebird (transam) or a turbo supra? I'm guessing a v6 firebird wouldn't stand a chance? Which one is faster 0-60? Trans Am or Turbo Supra? Which one spins the tires more easily? Which one drifts better? Sorry for all the questions, I just really can't decide between the two cars. And I know its not the 2 most common cars to compare but thanks for the responses1
Oh, and I apologize if this post doesn't belong on this site or if its in the wrong category. I wasn't sure if it would be okay to post here.
Thanks
well.. hate to say it.. but if your gonna be "drifting", a Supra is fine.. the car is capable. However..its more the driver than the car in this instance. If your looking at overall construction, I would have to say the Supra is built far better than a T/A, but they are 2 different cars. Your talking V8 to inline 6. Turbo or non-turbo.. stock or modified? Im not as familiar with T/A's as I am with Camaros.. and Camaros are excellent for drifting, etc... depending on the year/motor, however, the Z28's were just made for short acceleration..

I would buy Toyota over GM any day of the week with the exception of some very old Camaros and vettes. (I like the Corvette just because...).
Do some research on the Supra's and you'll see they are built solid. However.. I haven't seen many on the road that have decent bodies and well maintained drivetrains. Usually someone (young) gets it because its a fast car and cheap and drives it to the ground.. then wonders why noone will give them 800.00 for it.. : ) Then along come us Supra fanatics..and... well.. you can guess the rest : D
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote