View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
DaBoss07
Stock

DaBoss07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationtime247 View Post
A blown head gasket can happen at any time. You'll have fun tearing the engine apart and putting it all back together if and when it goes. A front balancer bolt that is a fun time to remove. Awkword angles to fit in extensions. Stripped bolts on the head. Other items that should be replaced are the timing belt. If it's the original, take into consideration that the belt (and everything else on the car) is 20 years old.

If you like the MKIII Supra, turn to the dark side. Buy one cheap but in nice condition. Rip that POS 7M engine OUT! Put a 350 Chevy or a LS type motor down in there. It's a lot less headache to convert one than fix the 7M. You can convert one for around the same cost as you could buy a running MKIII for. Something to also consider, is if you do purchase one running, how long will it continue to go before catostrophic failure?
VT247
Yea your right. I do love this car dont get me wrong I have wanted one since I was like 15 so you can see where I am coming from. But would it really be easier just to take the entire engine out and replace it with a LS type? Or just to take it and have it rebuilt....cause wouldnt that cost about the same?
DaBoss07 is offline   Reply With Quote