View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
Vacationtime247
3" Exhaust

Vacationtime247 is on a distinguished road

Not really sure what side the knock sensor would be on. I'm just throwing out ideas. The things I've mentioned are places I would focus on with any car having a no spark issue. Checking the TPS (Throttle Positioning Sensor) is a good idea as well, like you mentioned. When you say AFM, you're referring to the Air Flow Meter (or the Mass Air Flow, MAF) correct? If JDM sent you the incorrect AFM / MAF then cross reference with them the part # you have with the part your engine is supposed to be using. You mentioned that you're installing a JDM Turbo Motor into a 1986.5 Supra. Perhaps they sent you the AFM / MAF sensor for your year car, not the motor style like they should have. I wouldn't be suprised if there are variations in types of AFM / MAF sensors for Turbo's vs. N/A's and year manufactured.
VT247

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoD View Post
what side of the engine would the knock sensors usually be on? drivers or passenger? ive got voltage going to the cps so i just need to isolate the signal wire from that and see if im getting voltage from that. i read somewhere else that a tps sensor would cause something like that so im gonna take a look at that too. heres the thing though. if a afm would cause no spark. maybe ive got the wrong one. jdm engine depot is where i got my swap. they forgot to send the afm with it so i had to call them up and they sent it out. but heres the thing. its really hard to get into the accordian hose to the turbo. and i mean like really hard. its just a little too big but i made it fit. any ideas?
Vacationtime247 is offline   Reply With Quote