View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 10:32 PM   #4
rnoswal
Lexus & 550's

rnoswal is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that is the next step, a compressor. It will be nice to drive the car, turn the A/C on and listen to some good music while driving. I guess I will start hitting the part stores for that little item.

As for the springs, I know that buying aftermarket springs are the best way to go, but I hated the look of all that air between the tire and the top of the fender. I knew that shortening a spring also makes it stiffer, but I just cut too much. Coil-overs with adjustable springs would be nice, but I thought I would try the cheap way first. It does look a lot better, but it does rub. Lowereing the center of gravity is a good thing if you want a car to handle better. I know you can run into clearance problems, but the car originally was so tall that I thought cutting a coil or two would help.

The front springs are such a pain to get to anyway, but after I did those I was going to attack the rear springs. I didn't mind the car being a little soft, but I really hated how the car rolls and is sluggish to recover when turning the wheel back and forth. I know that it is mostly a sway bar issue and hopefully larger is not too damn expensive, but I am sure it will be, front and back.

Hey it's raining, perfect time to take the car out for some tire spinning, snow is better though........lol.

Thanks
Russ
rnoswal is offline   Reply With Quote