View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 03:37 AM   #13
Paul_NJ
Intake

Paul_NJ is on a distinguished road

Bill

I just looked up 8 mm threads, and they are either coarse (M8x1.25) or fine (M8x1). In non-metric terms, the coarse is about 20 threads per inch, and the fine is about 25 1/2 threads per inch. I think I can decide which using a U.S. 1/4-20 bolt. I'll let you know if I figure something out tomorrow. Geez, I had two people ask me today why I was spending so much time messing around with that old Toyota. The nerve!

All of those British sizes always mystified me. Of course I never could figure out pounds and shillings, and quid, and farthings, and crowns, and all of that either.

I have a good friend in Ulverston, up in the Lake District, and used to take my kids over there every couple of years. Beautiful country.

I just have a lot of unrelated information tucked away, I guess, which only once in a good while has some practical application. I worked as an engineer for alot of years in oil refineries and gas plants though, where you're always trying to figure the simplest way to do something.

After looking at your images more closely I realized I don't see how the long square rod holds the ring without getting in the way of the socket passing thru the center of the ring to the nut.
Paul_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote