View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 06:51 AM   #30
mk3supra909
Stock

mk3supra909 is on a distinguished road

either get it and swap the engine thats what im doing just blowing my engine till i get it done lol i have an 88 targa top leaks do happen mostly trunk sometime with the driver window but only wen washing buy the rear area not hrorrible either though if turbo engine is slower than auto scion its not right i smash on scions all day n/a and i have metal shavings in my oil pan cud be nothing but like i said im swaping so fuck it blow emmm up lol trunk will have rust if it leaks though youll know just look well also your gonna wanna make sure you get the top tool if not it will be a slight bitch to get its a t40 star key i belive mayb will help a lil i didnt get mine wish i did but fuck it also it does squeak after a while unless you keep the top very tight or a lil belt dressing mayb wich i feel is a lil better dont want the top flying off right also i almost forgot be sure you driver seat electrical works if you care i dont but kinda did had it for a week ploped down in my seat one day high as shit and crack snapped the gear for lifting the seat if that is good them no fat men drove the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medrivfast View Post
Well i looked and drove it today. It had 133,000 miles on it. The CEL was on. I smelled something comming from the engine when i was at the stop light right after i got off the freeway. It kinda smelled like the engine was going to start over-heating. But the temp guage never moved. That scared me though. The car hasn't been registered for over a year and it still needed to be smogged.

I know 133k miles isn't much for this year of car. But it is much for a stock turbo. I don't beleive the turbo was working at all. Because this car was really and i mean really slow. I read that this car should do 0-60 in 6.6 seconds. But i figured it was old and that # should be in the mid 7's. Lets just say my Scion XB (auto) seemed faster than this Supra.

I'm not going to judge all supras like this one. If i do find a Supra than you guys will be the second to now. (Wife is first LOL)

I thank you all for your help.
mk3supra909 is offline   Reply With Quote