Old 12-20-2008, 02:58 AM   #8
drewtiss
Stock

drewtiss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Hi Grim,

First: Thanks for your service!

Next, I'd like to make some suggestions, tips to save gas & a few bucks, AND allow you to enjoy your Mkiv Supra TT a bit more as you upgrade it. here are my suggestions - please feel free to ask ANY questions that come to mind:
  • I'd skip the A'PEXi SAFC II and the wideband for now. Save that for 'stage II', imho.
  • You left out the GReddy BCC that you'll need to prevent fuel cut, and a downpipe (reduces exhaust backpressure, which allows the turbos to spool quicker AND boost higher).
  • Adjustable cam gears (properly tuned) will get you another 15rwhp
  • If your Mkiv TT doesn't already have an exhaust, that big chrome tip really does add to the looks.
  • If your Mkiv TT doesn't already have aftermarket rims, consider getting a set of wider ones, or widening the stock ones. If you're going to be putting more power to the ground, you don't want to just sit there and spin.
  • That's all that comes to mind before the AFC & wideband. Consider FJO and AEM for the wideband choices. Also, if you're not going to tune it yourself, you really don't need a wideband - you could just skip the wideband and get it dyno-tuned.
  • Also consider a front-mount intercooler - that'll get you another 15rwhp or so.
  • All of that will take you to a good 'BPU+++' stage...at which point you'll want to get a lot of enjoyment out of your car (a year or two?) ... because beyond this point you'll be taking out the oem twin turbos and putting in a big aftermarket single.
Hopefully that's enough info to get this dialog started. Again, feel free to comment and/or ask additional questions.
My friend was advised by his uncle to have his Mkiv Supra TT turbo charged. Now, is it really highly recommended?
drewtiss is offline   Reply With Quote