View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 01:05 AM   #25
SC Rydah
Stock

SC Rydah is on a distinguished road
Default I stand corrected...

The magic phrase for this thread is "IMHO"!!
Ok pwpanas. I see your point. Thanks for straightening me out! lol! But i'm just saying that unless you REALLY want a supra MK4, don't spend money like that on a used car. ESPECIALLY if you're not going to get it to do what it's really made to do...BESIDES drive it on the street, daily or occasionally. There's other NEW and USED cars for that. There are plenty of people who keep good looking, clean STOCK MK3 SUPRA N/A's AND TURBOS in their garages and hardly ever drive them and IMHO, it's sad. But eventually they move, or need space for a new car, or can't afford to keep them and wind up selling them to guys like me.

And I would love to get an MK4, but i'm just as happy for having my used MK3 N/A because I LOVE the idea of buying a car for cheap, getting down, dirty and sweaty using tools, time, patience and minimal funds and making it into something I CAN NEVER BUY FROM THE FACTORY.

Btw toyotameup, i'm not telling you not to get it because I can't get one...yet. I'm just saying that it dosen't make sense to buy a used $25,000-$30,000 sports car that you won't drive often OR modify just to have something rare. It's not a restored classic or a euro exotic uber-expensive car. IMHO, it's something for racers and enthusiasts.

But if you REALLY want it, go for it. Especially since the price dropped. I can see why you - OR ANYBODY - wants a clean, low mileage car. But since PWPANAS' chart shows how rare it really is, I see why you and so many other people - including me - want them. But the performance possibilities make you want (and eventually NEED) to modify them. And THAT'S why there are so many of them modified or "molested" as you say. It's a supercar!!
SC Rydah is offline   Reply With Quote