View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 03:18 AM   #1
Drack57
Stock

Drack57 is on a distinguished road

I am new here, but glad I found ya! I have a 1983 Supra, 5mge, that has been sitting for about 2 years, since it overheated, and caused a major oil leak. I have decided to breathe life back into this old gal..we have been through two thefts, and a few miles. Anyhwo, the current problem involves my fuel pump. I have the external model. When I tried to move the car last year, it would not start, so after checking this and that, I got a used pump from a pick-a-part. Car started up just fine! problem solved...BUT, when I tried to move it again, a few months later...SAME problem.!! Ok, so I was at the pick a part again, last week, and picked up another pump...($10)..installed it, crossed my fingers, and sure enough, starts just fine, idles like a champ. So, whycome, I go to start it today..and no action? She kicks over with starter fluid, but won't stay on..put about a gollon and a half of fuel into the tank, no change. Fuel guage reads nada, but I know there was fuel in it, plus the additional. Could something be killing these pumps? Have lost light today, and just a little peeved, but will bench test the old pump tomorrow..but if anyone has any hints, or obvious places I can start, I would appreciate it.
PS...I fix computers by trade, so be gentle.

Thanks in advance!!
Drack57 is offline   Reply With Quote