Thread: My 88 Part List
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #10
TheMark3
Stock

TheMark3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandavi View Post
The car has the stock turbo... I meant I dont intend to upgrade it (although, who knows). With that manifold, I may need to do some fabrication, but wont know until I get all the pieces in one spot to match em up and see how they will fit. Exhaust fabrication isn't really a big deal as long as there are no additional big bends. If you happen to know of a better exhaust/manifold header that would be better overall, I posted this list so that people could correct my choices or offer up options (thats the reason I'm not moving really quickly, I dont want to do it twice and all of these parts are new to me.. its been 20 years since I worked on my own car)
OK - but I don't think the CT26 turbo will bolt to that manifold as it does not mount to a T4 flange that I have ever heard of. So you would use - an adapter? Then exiting the turbo you likely will have alignment issues. If you do change the location of the exit from the turbo - then I would not waste money on the downpipe as you will probably wind up butchering it. I am just wondering about the need for the manifold at all - unless you are planning 10s in the quarter mile or something. Without the manifold the rest all makes perfect sense.
TheMark3 is offline   Reply With Quote