Thread: My 88 Part List
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMark3 View Post
I don't get it. You say you are holding off on a turbo but you are buying this: 7MGTE T4 Flanged Exhaust Manifold? Does that leave anything in the same place so that you could buy pre-fab downpipe and catback systems? I would think that you would be largely on your own fabricating your entire exhaust once you got that. Is your stock turbo going to bolt up to that? Am I missing something?
The car has the stock turbo... I meant I dont intend to upgrade it (although, who knows). With that manifold, I may need to do some fabrication, but wont know until I get all the pieces in one spot to match em up and see how they will fit. Exhaust fabrication isn't really a big deal as long as there are no additional big bends. If you happen to know of a better exhaust/manifold header that would be better overall, I posted this list so that people could correct my choices or offer up options (thats the reason I'm not moving really quickly, I dont want to do it twice and all of these parts are new to me.. its been 20 years since I worked on my own car)
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote