Thread: My 88 Part List
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #5
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanMKIII View Post
What Hp are u trying to achieve? If your build works good ill probly use similiar parts on my 88. Btw has ur supra blown a Hg yet? Mines at 170,000km and im starting to get worried cause it could blow anytime.
I am not totally sure about the final HP i want to achieve to be honest. These would be the priorities:
1. Longevity (none of us want to build it twice)
2. Economy (squeeze the MPG's out of it when not having fun)
3. Performance (this is a combination of the first 2, but also the feel of being thrust forward.. its why I like the car so much)

The HP at final stage really wont be known unless I up the Turbo size. Because at that point, I will be doing serious mods and thats not my original intent.

My engine has approx 22,000 km on it (about 13,000 miles). As far as I know, the head gasket is fine. Yours should have failed already at your mileage if it is going to. I have been told by a few people that the one thing to do to prevent BHG in MKIII's is to upgrade the rad first. Only redo the headgasket (put in a MHG) if you are going to be upping the boost to higher levels. If I go that route, I think I may swap engines totally anyway to the JZGTE variant with a new tranny although I havent researched that route yet, but apparently thats the road for 450+ HP. Honestly, I dont think I have enough personal restraint for going that direction as I find it hard not to race when challenged (unless I dont think its an open road and it looks unsafe.. I'm old enough to see the danger)

I just want to keep my Supra for a long time and enjoy it and I miss working on cars (haven't worked on a car in over 20 years now, so this is like a flashback to youth)
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote