View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 04:49 AM   #3
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Finally.. I mention the engine rock protector plate in the title because I took mine off. Didn't realise until after it was off that there was absolutely no need. However, I thought I would include it, because as I put it back on I noticed something.

If you service the car or someone else does, chances are they either over tighten the bolts or wear and tear on the holes from the bolts will make it hang imporperly (as was the case for mine). This plate starts directly under the bumper at the very front of the car and goes to the back of the engine right before the oil pan drain plug. It pretty well covers the bottom of the engine and the hoses down there...

Here is a pic of it off of the car.

Now, I noticed that these screws were pulling through cracked/enlargened holes...

So... I used larger washers. Bear in mind.. these are the only screws I took off originally. It wasn't until after I went to put it back on that I noticed the other 7 screws (pretty sure it was 7) that were still on the car but pulled behind the plate.

The picture shows the "fixed" screw with the new washer on the right side. I used a thin metal washer that could bend slightly as I tightend as some of these holes have contours near them. A thick large washer may crack the plastic.

Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote