Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 04:32 AM   #2
suprra_girl
7M POWAH! ;)

suprra_girl has a spectacular aura aboutsuprra_girl has a spectacular aura about

well... if she's complete and in not too bad a condition even if the bottom end has gone i would rebuild her...
of course i'm biased :lol:

i've blown two head gaskets in my supra so far and don't intend there to be any more... she's starting to look gorgeous and the motor is going so well since the rebuild

it also depends on how difficult it is to reregister a vehicle where you are... here in New Zealand they don't tend to take a liking to 80's cars that are deregistered so they are pretty tuff on their standards..
we just got a complete 86 T 3.0 that other than a door and a spot of rust in the rear is in really good nick... but we won't bother getting it revinned as standards are too high

also most ppl when they do engines or so forth they go and get 2nd hand engines from junkyards etc... to be honest i would definitely recommend fully rebuilding your engine.. that way you know the history of the engine and know she's gonna be a beaut

reason i blew two head gaskets was mechanic fault not engine design...
most ppl say ohhh 7m.. it'll blow a head gasket but admittedly yes from the factory torque specs weren't high enough and therefore they do eventually blow them...
my 2 head gaskets...
1. mechanics didn't believe in torque, figured 25 ft lb oughta do it LOL so it was inevitable
2. my fault hehe... pistons came above the block and were 20thou over.. i placed a standard bore size head gasket on soooooo... pistons pounded head gasket for 20,000 km :lol:

so have now fully rebuilt the engine with all the right parts and new parts and she's running perfect... 278rwhp on 9psi

the body's can look awesome with a kit or keep em completely stock and just clean it right up... there are some awesome stocker mk3's out there that are just perfect examples of the luxury sports car they were meant to be

let me know what you decide and i'll attempt to talk you into doing up the mk3 even further hehe :P

Pics of my build.

"Good girls are just bad girls that don't get caught"

Do a diagnostic first!
suprra_girl is offline   Reply With Quote