View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #23
Scionguy
Stock

Scionguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandavi View Post
Regarding the Turbo timer in a stock MKIII... does anyone here know if I need to order the harness? Its only 10.00 so no biggie if I get it and dont need it.

Also, does everyone put it on top of the steering column? Im thinking of embedding it in the dash somehow. Maybe make a faceplate and put it in the ashtray slot.. hmm...

Has anyone used this or think its worthy of consideration? (my car is going to remain mainly stock and not raced too much)
DNA Manual Boost Controller - No Boost Spike

Also, I may have mentioned this before, but our max Octane level at the pumps is generally 91... Just for normal driving, it seems to be okay, but would octane boost help the car (from a longevity standpoint, not just speed)

Found out what the toggle to the left of the steering wheel is for. It used to be to lock the TEMS into 3rd position. When the engine was repaired (it is original block and heads I found out), they disconnected the wires. Luckily the previous owner misses the car and doesn't mind telling me its history.

well if you mean like the little autostore or gas station octane boosters, dont bother, their only raising octane in small amounts from 91 to like 91.8 or so lol. boost contrlloers come in manual or electronic, AEM makes a good BC that is also a boost guage, try Boost Controllers thats a whole page of diff BC's so you get an idea, i really like AEM's tru boost, or you get spend the money for one of the best, the blitz sbc i color, but at close to 600, thats for someone looking for the most power they can get, and will need to be tuned by someone knowledgable, the aem is, ooo what does this button do? *push* raises or lowers boost and thats it lol.
Scionguy is offline   Reply With Quote