View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
SephyraTigre
Stock

SephyraTigre is on a distinguished road
Post Adventures in oil change land.

Okay.

So now that I have owned the car for me than a few weeks I have become much more acquainted to driving this thing. Very much a fun car, but I have the feeling that this car is maybe running at about 80% of how it should be running. So the first things obviously on the list are oil change, air filter replacement, coolant flush and fluid checks. Oh and the brake pads need to be replaced as I get to listen to the lovely squeal. I added some brake fluid to the reservoir and the clutch fluid looked good so I left that alone.

What I will do is post some of the questions I came across along the way and then caption these thumbnails (Numbered from the top down) with my thoughts and questions. (Also they're out of order and I don't want to sit and figure out which one goes where right now..)

First off, does anybody have a particular method of removing that filter with consistent and relative ease? I have seen that there are oil filter relocation kits but I don't really know anything about them. Afaic, I want one. Screw battling that filter. Do you always have to remove all that to get the damned thing out?!

Take some looks at these shots and tell me your observations please!
-------------------------------------

2 - Obviously some hoses need to be replaced...

4 - I AM THE VICTOR!

5 - And a job well done.

7 - More terrible tubes..

10 - Tigre!

11 - The open bay

12 - Turbo that needs a bolt.

12 - Looking down past the turbo

13 - Shitty shot of a brown connector connected to nothing.

14 - Notha shitee toob

15 - I think I'm under the car.

19 - Grrr! That missing bolt pisses me off!

(Continue to the Page 2 thread for the rest, I screwed up and it didn't get posted here. Total newb sauce!)
( http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...-page-2-a.html )

Last edited by SephyraTigre; 06-08-2008 at 01:16 AM. Reason: cause I am newb.
SephyraTigre is offline   Reply With Quote