View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 06:10 AM   #1
89MkiiiSupra
Stock

89MkiiiSupra is on a distinguished road
Default Begginer to SUPRA and cars, I GOT A FREE SUPRA, PLEASE HELP!!

Hey guys, i dont really know that much about cars but i know the basics. Through out my childhood and teen age years i've seen supras around and my sisters bf actually owns one. I always admired supras and now that i started working and gotten a licensed ive been looking at MK3 supras for around a month now. Trying to find a good cheap affordable reliable one. However I came across an AD on Craigslist. This is how it reads

"
I am GIVING AWAY a 1989 Toyota Supra as a parts car. The reason why I am giving it away is because I am moving in mid-June and absolutely must get rid of the car. Please take note that I do not have a title to this car and the VIN# has been removed, though I don't know why. Car cannot be driven due to the transmission being unbolted, must be towed.

Hood, Fenders, Front bumper, headlights, wheels/tires, LSD, brakes, and everything under the hood can still be used.

If anybody would like this FREE car, please contact me at *******. Sorry i don't have any pix. I also have some misc. parts lying around so if you would like them you can take them with or without the car, yes these parts are also FREE. The main idea is to get rid of all of it.

The extra parts I have are:
1989 Toyota Supra Autmatic Transmission (has a problem with the neutral start switch i think) plus torque converter and driveshaft
1989 Toyota Supra Hatch (tinted, but peeling. can't see out of it at all)
1987 Toyota Supra Hatch (missing shocks)
1989 Toyota Supra Stock Exhaust (removed from cat)
Charcoal Canister for an MK3 Supra

Once again, everything listed in this ad is FREE, please call or email if you are interested and we can set up a time to pick up the parts or the car. My number is *********. "

So basically i called the guy up and i set up a time to get it towed. I read how it says NO VIN OR TITLE and thought it was probally stolen. But for free i didnt really care except paying 30 bucks to get it towed to my house.
When it came i noticed that the car was pretty crappy. there were no dents but there was no back hatch(I have to go pick that up at a later time). The Side of the doors were stripped and the interior was a wreck. The seats were teared up, there was no tranny, but there was the wheel and the dashboard was still there. I read the odometer and it read 200,000 I was shocked. a free car with a 7mge with 200,000 miles. I popped the hood and I took a look at everything, the engine looked pretty good. everything seemed to be there. The guy told me it prolly needs a new battery and just throw a tranny in there and it should run. So from here i dont know what i should really do. I really want a mk3 supra and this is perfect for me to experiment and learn more about cars.

I am willing to put max 2-3 thousand in this car, do you guys think is it worth it.
But what i am concerning is the NO VIN AND TITLE. IS there anyway for me to legally register it and somehow get the title. So should i just sell the car as a parts car and use that money to get another supra. Will the car have any value and how much ? I dont really have nothing to lose since i got this car for free. Please give me some advice since i dont know really whats the best, and sorry, i dont reallly know much. But i would really appreciate the advice. Thanks!

I will try to have some pics posted up tomorow .

Last edited by 89MkiiiSupra; 05-19-2008 at 11:33 PM.
89MkiiiSupra is offline   Reply With Quote