View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 03:08 AM   #1
panblackrose
Stock

panblackrose is on a distinguished road
Default No Power At All: Suggestions...

I began by trying to replace my bad starter with a new one. Big mistake, seeing as my big hands wont fit in next to the second bolt. I had the first bolt off (the easy to reach one), and the two connections to the starter off. I put everything back so a shop could do the starter, and I have no power at all.
The motor is a JDM 7mgte with 40,000 miles on her. The body has 177,xxx and R154. I checked all of the fuses under the hood on the driver side, and the driver side kick panel, they're fine. I checked the cables on the battery, they're not too corroded and the terminals are alright. I will be replacing them both. I need to check the fuse box wire to see if it is corroded as well. My next step will be to connect a ground from the neg. terminal to a ground on the engine and see if I can get lights or something.
Any and all suggestions are welcome and much appreciated. I am combing through the Hanes Repair Manual, TEWD, and TSRM for schematics and other helpful tid-bits as well. I have read quite a few posts on the dead car issue, hence my course of action up to now. My last question is, is there a main relay or fuse I am missing? Everything worked just fine before I tried this and I only disconnected the battery, the two wires to the starter (the square plug and the signal wire), and the easier to reach bolt. I put them all back in properly...