View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 04:24 AM   #31
supramacist
1000whp postwhore

supramacist is on a distinguished road

Dude...., you may have a problem.

The car you have is an 87.5
This means that early on in 87 they did something that they had to correct somehow. They changed tooling or some shite.

And at that juncture you got an 87 with 88 up grades. So stick to 87/88 parts. Here's the part where I explain how important it is for you to build a rapport with your toyota parts guys. They need to have your vin # on file and make sure to research that # when lookig for parts. This ensures you of 1 thing. You up your chances of getting the right part the 1st time.

Now I'ma break it down justa tell a little story.
I have a 91. so 90/91 and 92 parts work on my car. So that's anywhere from 3 to 6 part #'s for these bafoons to boobery through.

I have heard about this make and model. It's rare. It's got all the headaches of the 86.5 and then some.

I THINK
You may have a car that 86/ 86.5/87/87.5/ and 1988 parts work on. So you may have 5 to 10 part #'s For the hourly tarderies to drull through. Now I'm trying to make a point.

The point is: Parts guys don't like to work. You have to deal with the MGR. Not his to,go boy. ESPECIALLY WHEN ORDERING PARTS.

I have my guys cell #. I can text him. I have his personal e mail account.
He has me set up on shop rates What's that tell you??? I say to you that it means I hit them up for parts for this 1 car. As much as the small local mechanics that are big enough to be a real shop hits' them up for toyota parts. So ya 100 bucks a month. It's 100 bucks every time it breaks down. And lately it's been 175ing me to death. Which reminds me. Buy parts with warranties!!!!

But. None of this never would have transpired had I not built a rapport with them. See....., now I can eat their ass's a bit when my shit is wrong. They know what I expect and they know that once I come onto the seen the only way to make me leave is buy finding my trash. They also know that when they drop the ball and I leave them peacefully. I have done them a favor.

I'm just a guy with a supra off the street. Yet I can phone in an order for a few grand in parts and they'll order them in, no Q's asked.

You're either wagging the dog sir. Or the dog is wagging you.

Supra is a lifestyle. Gasoline, Coolant and oil are all about to become your DNA.

If you aren't dreaming about solving your cars riddles in your sleep. Then you're not where you need to be. But that's just me.

Here's where I tell you that all of these are just opinions and there is a reason they are free.
supramacist is offline   Reply With Quote