View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 08:45 AM   #7
MA61ME
Stock

MA61ME is on a distinguished road

I am still checking it out. The Transport Dept here says GM 3.8 V6 or RB30 both N/A should be ok with out any inspection. The V6 is common as mud here so good for future maintenance. I am told it may even be a bit lighter and it would sit further back than the 5ME so weight balance should be improved. I know I know it's not toyota but hell it's the body I love.:wub:
However I found a MkII with a 7MGE already in, Microtec, new timing belt/chain (whatever) Big flow headers and exhaust, new tyres. Aus$4,500. Sounds pretty good eh! But He has put 100,000 Km on it, He got it from another guy who did the transplant, had to be an import so. Oh and its been track raced. Now if it did all that with not much wrong I'd say it is a pretty reliable beast and I'd like to just shove it all in my MKII but I'd reckon I'd have to do a engine recon first Another $2000. The possibilities are endless if I want to spend that much damn money.
Well does that sound interesting Guys?
I think I am getting a handle on this H/G issue. Head bolt pattern is suspect so block and head -- flat and finish must be perfect and gasket high quality/Metal. Also torque goes to 72 on the 7Ms. So does this head bolt pattern continue through 6M, 5M??? I suspect it does. So I wonder if they should all be treated the same way!!!??? <_< I'll have a look when my head comes off . I'll update as this progresses.