View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 06:48 AM   #4
Twin Turbo '95
Stock

Twin Turbo '95 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmlr339 View Post
close to 200hp? they have OVER 200hp stock. or do you mean 200extra horsepower? im confused. anyway they have about 160kw stock, which is about 220hp, so that woud reduce power? and i can't go turbo until i turn 20, which is a shame. i haver the money required for a MKIV supra, and a few grand for extra's, but i just can't go turbo, or exceed 200kw (about 250hp)

and would it really be necessary to upgrade the cams? don't they last until about 500hp anyway? and the ecu. do you know anything about the cost of that? couple of grand, right?

oops. sorry. close to 200kw. better?

fitting a bigger cam means there is more time for air to get into the combustion chamber. more air=more power. just to see if i have the once sentence right.. only upgrade a ecu when your close to 500hp?? you can change the ecu on a stock car. they can map it in the way you want. performance or fuel consumption. your building a n/a car. so you need to get power from any place you can. n/a cars are more expensive to get to the same power as turbo cars. but they say in the end when you do get there.. it was all worth it.. but i dont know about that. im a turbo person. with a little hint of nos
Twin Turbo '95 is offline   Reply With Quote