View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungeye View Post
oh ok
yeah about that im not really mechanicly minded so i wouldnt really know where to start and what to do (computer geek turning car enthusest)
i got a stock 2JZ-GE what would need doing for a tune-up he cars only done about 62500 k's and is due for a survice at 63800 k's
also the guy i bought it off said it was FR drive, i dont understand is it front or rear weel drive
and also is 98 octane fuel ok to run it on the last owner was running it on 96

how much would it cost to get a turbo installed?

thanks i know i must be a pain in the butt
Regarding maintenance, the best place to start is the Toyota Supra Repair Manual (aka. 'TSRM', available from Toyota). It's got everything in there, step-by-step, with diagrams. It's not cheap, but over time it will more than pay for itself, several times over, in saved payments to a dealers and/or mechanics. My mkiv is a TT so unfortunately I can't properly/completely advise you on an n/a.

Your question about getting a turbo installed is very complex. The first clarification that comes to mind is whether you mean just the installation (labor) $, or that plus the cost of the turbo conversion kit too. Here's a link to one kit you could use, and if you install it yourself (using the TSRM), that labor is free:
Boost Logic Stage 1 NA-Turbo Kit :: Turbo Kits :: 93-97 MKIV Supra NA :: Toyota :: Boost Logic

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote