View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 06:16 AM   #13
GST95
Stock

GST95 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmaster View Post
BTW I believe the redline for the R154 is higher than the W series tranny, I could be wrong though. Also our gross wieghtage for turbos is roughly 4400 Lbs., or 2000 Kilos. I know the redline in my R154 turbo is 7500 RPM. However for your needs your contridicting yourself. You want a lighter wieght tranny that has higher RPM then you are looking at the wrong two series trannies. Either your going to get higher RPM from the heavier tranny or lower redline from the lighter one. I would suggest getting a diffrent series than the R or W. Sry bro. Good luck with your project
Oh and btw if yoru doing what I think your doing the W58 wont do, your going to need a stronger tranny, plus you have other factors to consider here, flywheel, clutches, etc. its not just reliant on the tranny.

I dont see where you think I contradicted myself. Read my post again. How heavy a tranny is generally has to do with its strength, not its shift points. I was refering to weight of the vehicle, not the tranny. The purpose of the transmission is to transmit the power to the diff. If the vehicle weighs less, it puts less strain on the tranny to transfer the power, therefore you can run more power through any tranny if you cut alot of weight from what you are trying to move. Its the law of physics. It also isnt what my question was. I am only asking about how high can you shift these trannys? I think you guys are either confusing shift points and redlines (engines have redlines, but ive never seen a tach that is driven by the transmission. Trannys have shift points), or you are not understanding my question.

For your other factors I need to consider. Different bellhousing, fwd dsm flywheel rebushed for input shaft, toyota clutch disc, mitsu pressure plate. I wouldnt waste your time with questions about shift points on your trannys if I havent figured out if I can even use them.

I think im going to have to look elsewhere for answers. It seems nobody here has a high rpm engine here to even give any first hand info on what im asking. Thanks anyways.

Last edited by GST95; 03-14-2008 at 06:51 AM.
GST95 is offline   Reply With Quote