View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 04:48 AM   #1
thrsdy1203
Stock

thrsdy1203 is on a distinguished road
Default Diagnosing an Issue

Let me begin with a short story (sorry)

So i have been dying to get my paws on a Supra specifically an MK2 because i really like the body style alot.. just my kind of taste that is all so i was at my friends house and her sons friend has one a 1982 Supra Originally owned by his father bought brand new off the lot in 1982 with now 160,000 miles i talked to guy and all he wants is it to be off his friends moms property and so i offered him my excellent running 1987 Chevy Nova he took it and said get my car supra running and on the road and we will do the title transferring from there as i do not want to do the trade unless my car (his supra) is running right.. AWSOME! im stoked out like a mofo

Problem is that the car starts up but you have to keep the foot on the gas to keep the car running soon as you let off the gas it dies i took it down the street and back and it barley crawls yes the car is running out of gas so yes that could be one problem but it should have more power to it then what it is yielding spark plug wires are newish and they said it needs a fuel pump however going off my car with it having a bad fuel pump it died and it never started or ran until i fixed the pump...so i dont if that is the problem...

Also it smells a little rich when i get out of car or some kind of smell im assuming a rich gassy smell...i do know my cars a little i have a beginners knowledge of cars

Also car sat since 2004 because it would not pass emmisions but being a 1982 it should not need emission now..does it? if so how do you go about fixing that?

Please help me out as i really really want this Supra...
thrsdy1203 is offline   Reply With Quote