View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
t4yl0r10
Stock

t4yl0r10 is on a distinguished road

HAHA! Yea man, I've just used the same one for so long, my name is never available so i had to be creative. I use the same one for many different forums.

Thanks for helping me though, I really appreciate it. You'll have to shoot me a pic of your car, love to see it. I love the 86-90 models, and that will be my next venture once I get my 85 up to snuff. Used to have an 83, was really neat but I wrecked it ( teenage years, stupid I know ).

Sounds like it may be the injectors leaking fuel back into the tank. Becuase the longer it sits the harder it is to start. So thats 'seems' right to me. Just never did it before, so thats odd. I can try to go start it without pumping the gas, but it wont turn over. Then I pump the gas once or twice and it almost turns over, then after about 4-5 tries, it will start. It gets better each time I make an attempt and eventually starts. ( probably after about 6 tries it starts ).

sounds like its leaking fuel back into the tank to me, as the longer it sits the worse it is. For example: i got to work, have trouble starting in the morning. At lunch, it fires on the 1st or 2nd try, but if it sits all night, it takes 6-7 tries.

What do you think based on this description?

Thanks man,

Taylor
1985 Toyota Supra 5MGE DOHC 2.8L 12v L6
t4yl0r10 is offline   Reply With Quote