Thread: new intercooler
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #8
cyanide-is-a-way-out
3" Exhaust

cyanide-is-a-way-out is on a distinguished road

ok im sorry guys i have written back in a while just been busy putting the pain in the butt intercooler in and now waiting to receive my new lexus maf but all i got to say puttin g in the intercooler was a pain in the but not any easy tak to accomplish it took me easily over 6-9 hours fiddling and moving parts around and tyring things out but now i got it in but its still not perfect i still got some kinks i need to work out i also went with the 3" piping but all i gotta say is stay with 2.5" 3" is just a little to big i was hitting myself for getting 3" hahah but the way i hooked up the intercooler was i put a slighlty bent pipe that came in the kit hooked up to the turbo but i recommend cutting off about 2-3" on the pipe just so everything will fit flush later on the i ran it to a straight pipe to a 90 degree bent pipe into the intercooler then the other side of the intercooler to a 90 degree bent pipe then into a staright piped i cut in half and added a cupling in the middle it was a little to short then i went into a nother slighly bent pipe into the 3000 pipe everything works right now but it really needs some tlc to make all of the sizes correct but ya car still runs like crap right now i think it is all due to my faulty maf sensor the codes i am getting are the maf sensor, turbocharger pressure, and knock sensor but hopefully when i replace my old maf with the new one itll fix my problems lol but ya i will get some pics posted as soon as possible with how i had got it hooked up
cyanide-is-a-way-out is offline   Reply With Quote