Thread: Msrp!
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
tordur
Stock

tordur is on a distinguished road
Question Msrp!

First of all, my compliments to this great forum, I have found a reasonable amount of useful information so far.

Cutting to business:
I?m looking into buying myself a fourth generation Supra, but since the taxes here are sumewhat insane it would come in handy if I knew what the car costed new, this based on the grounds that the tax on an imported car here is determined by the price for the vehicle new (without taxes). I believe the technical term for the figure I?m searching is "MSRP".

To dish up some examples for how high the taxes are, I imported a ?91 third generation fully modded Camaro Z28 Targa, which costed approx. $6.000 in purchasing and an additional $9.000 to $9.500 in taxes and registration fees etc. This was about 4 years ago. Two years ago i got myself a brand new Subaru Impreza 2,0 turbo WRX (Note: NOT the sti version) and this car costed somewhere in the region of $70.000 registered! And I have some more scary tax-examples, but will let those be for now, so I won?t anger myself too much

Oh well, we?re getting off topic here, so back to basics:
I want a 2JZ-GTE with targa roof (preferrably) but to determine which year I should be searching for it would be great to have a list of the MRSP! for the different years, so I could determine how big a difference in cost each individual year would end up with.

P.S. If i could get the stock price in Japan this would be awesome, since it presumably was a lot cheaper over there than in the states, UK or elsewhere in Europe.

Sum summarum:
Anyone know the price for the Supra new?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by tordur; 10-12-2007 at 10:23 AM.
tordur is offline   Reply With Quote